RECENT AND UPCOMING ENGAGEMENTS
- Pinkerton in Puccini's Madama Butterfly, at the Estonian National Opera;
- Lensky in Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin, at Bucharest National Opera and Chisinau National Opera;
- Vodemon in Tchaikovsky's Iolanta and Alfredo in Verdi's La Traviata, at the Chisinau National Opera
- Solo part in Dvořák's Stabat Mater, with the Berliner Philharmoniker;
- Opera gala concert for SWR Junge Opernstars 2023, with Deutsche Radio Philharmonie Saarbrücken Kaiserlautern.
Moldovan tenor Dumitru Mytsu studied voice at the Valeriu Poleakov Music School, in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. He obtained his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at the Academy for Music, Theatre and Fine Arts of Chisinau. In 2016, he became a member of the Young Artists Opera Program of Bolshoi Theatre and, in 2017, he integrated the ensemble of Chisinau National Opera & Ballet.
Dumitru Mytsu won several prizes in voice competitions: 1st Prize at the Alexei Starcea International Contest of Chisinau, 3rd Prize at the Neue Stimmen 2022 and Prize “Emmerich Smola” at the SWR Junge Opernstars 2023.
In Chisinau, Mytsu has already performed roles such as Eisenstein in Die Fledermaus, Vodemon in Iolanda and Lensky in Eugene Onegin by Tchaikovsky and Alfredo in La Traviata by Verdi.
The 2023-24 season is bringing important debuts to the young tenor: Pinkerton in Madama Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini at the Estonian National Opera, Lensky at the Bucharest National Opera and the solo part in Dvořák's Stabat Mater, at the Berliner Philharmonie.