RECENT AND UPCOMING ENGAGEMENTS
- Frank in J. Strauss' Die Fledermaus, Yamadori in Puccini's Madama Butterfly and Masetto in Mozart's Don Giovanni, at the Opéra de Québec;
- Amir in Keyvan Chemirani's Negar, at the Opéra Orchestre National de Montpellier ;
- Marcello in Puccini's La Bohème, at the Opéra Grand Avignon;
- Huascar in Rameau's Les Indes Galantes and Ali-Bazar in Massenet's L'Adorable Bel-Boul, at the Festival Classica de Montréal;
- Marchese d'Obigny in Verdi's La Traviata, at the Opéra de Montréal;
- Moralès in Bizet's Carmen, at the Pacific Opera Victoria;
- Don Andrès de Ribeira in Offenbach's La Périchole, at the Opéra Bouffe du Québec.
Baritone Geoffroy Salvas has been recognized as First Prize winner of the Concours International de Chant de Marseille 2017 in the Operetta category, New England Finalist of the Metropolitan Opera National Council 2019, Laureate of the French melody competition Classica 2019 and recipient of the Jacqueline Desmarais Foundation Grant for Young Singers. He studied with Gabrielle Lavigne and Aline Kutan at the Conservatoire de musique de Montréal before joining the Atelier Lyrique at the Opera of Montreal for 2 seasons.
In 2018, he premiered the role of Mantoo, for the opening season concert of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra conducted by Kent Nagano, as one of the two main characters in Chaakapesh, an opera by Matthew Rickets. In 2019, he made his debut at Opéra de Toulon, in the role of Mathieu in Giordano's Andrea Chénier. In 2021, he was reinvited by the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, under the baton of Otto Tausk, for Berlioz’s Les Nuits d’Été.
His performed repertoire includes Valentin (Faust), Don Giovanni (Don Giovanni), Moralès (Carmen), Mercutio (Roméo et Juliette), Nero (Nero and the Fall by Lehman Brothers), Ein Deutsches Requiem (Brahms), Requiem (Fauré), The Messiah (Handel), Matthäus-Passion (Bach) and Winterreise (Schubert).
Highlights among his future and recent engagements include Germont in La Traviata, at the Seine Musicale in Paris; Masetto in Don Giovanni and Frank in Die Fledermaus, at the Opéra de Québec; Moralès in Carmen, at Pacific Opera Victoria, Vater in Hänsel und Gretel, by the Conservatory of Montreal and Poulenc’s Le Bal Masqué, with Camerata-RCO – members of the Amsterdam’s Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra.